Health Canada is advising consumers not to use the products specified below due to concerns about possible side-effects. More info
- Source of Alert
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration ( FDA )
- Product Names
(Product brand names are italicized)
- 4Ever Fit D-Drol
- Advanced Muscle Science Dienedrone
- Advanced Muscle Science Liquidrone UTT
- Anabolic Xtreme Hyperdrol X2
- APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Mastavol
- APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Revamp
- APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Ultra Mass Stack
- APS (aka Advanced Muscle Science) Ripped Stack
- Better Body Sports Finadex
- Black China Labs Straight Drol
- Black China Labs Straight Phlexed
- Body Conditioning Solutions TestraFLEX
- Bjorklund Methyldrostanolone
- BOSC Enterprises Epi-Tren
- BOSC Enterprises Magna Drol
- Chaparral Labs Epivol
- Chaparral Labs Pheravol-V
- Competitive Edge Labs M-Drol
- Competitive Edge Labs P-Plex
- Competitive Edge Labs X-tren
- Diabolic Labs Epio-Plex
- Diabolic Labs Finabolic 50
- Diabolic Labs Revenge
- Ergopharm 6-OXO
- Ergopharm 6-OXO Extreme
- EST (aka Engineered Sports Technology) MethAnstance
- Extreme Labs Susto-Test Depot
- Fizogen ON Cycle II Hardcore
- G.E.T/ (Genetic Edge Technologies) SUS-500
- G.E.T/ (Genetic Edge Technologies) Tren-250
- Hardcore Formulations T-Roid
- I Force Nutrition 1,4 AD Bold 200
- I Force Dymethazine/Reversitol Combo Pack
- I Force Reversitol
- I Force Nutrition 17a PheraFLEX
- I Force Nutrition Dymethazine
- I Force Nutrition Methadrol
- IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Bromodrol
- IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Grow Tabs TR
- IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Mass Tabs
- IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Oxodrol Pro
- IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Ripped Tabs TR
- IDS (aka Innovative Delivery Systems) Rapid Release Ripped Tabs
- Kilo Sports Massdrol
- Kilo Sports Phera-Mass
- Kilo Sports Trenadrol
- Monster Caps Monster Caps
- Myogenix Spawn
- Nutra Coastal D-Stianozol
- Nutra Coastal H-Drol
- Nutra Coastal MDIT
- Nutra Coastal S-Drol
- Nutra Coastal Trena
- Performance Anabolics Methastadrol
- Performance Anabolics Tri-Methyl X
- Purus Labs E-pol Inslinsified
- Purus Labs Nasty Mass
- Rage RV2
- Rage RV3
- Rage RV4
- Rage RV5
- Redefine Nutrition Finaflex 550-XD
- Redefine Nutrition Finaflex Ripped
- Transform Supplements Forged Extreme Mass
- Transform Supplements Forged Lean Mass
- Manufacturer / Place of Origin
- Product manufacturers not specified. Products are distributed by Bodybuilding.com, LLC, of Boise, Idaho, U.S.A
- Product Description
- The 65 products listed above are promoted as dietary supplements used for bodybuilding.
- Reason for Warning
The FDA informed consumers of a voluntary recall of the 65 bodybuilding products listed above as these products may contain the following anabolic steroids: "Superdrol," "Madol," "Tren," "Androstenedione," and/or "Turinabol."
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances similar to the male sex hormone testosterone. They are used for the treatment of medical conditions such as hormonal problems and cancer. In Canada, anabolic steroids are controlled substances and are therefore only legally available by prescription. They should only be taken under the supervision of a health care practitioner.
The company, Bodybuilding.com is conducting a voluntary nationwide and international recall of these products.
According to the company-issued news release, customers who have any of the recalled products in their possession should stop using them immediately and contact their physician if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking one or more of the products. Consumers should return any unused products purchased on www.Bodybuilding.com to the company. For instructions on how to return recalled products, contact Bodybuilding.com at 1-866-236-8417 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Canada has communicated on the risks associated with some of these products in the past. Health Canada issued a Warning on Ergopharm 6-OXO after receiving a report in Canada of a patient who developed seizures and blood clots in his brain after using the product, and a Foreign Product Alert for Nutra Coastal S-Drol after the FDA informed consumers of a voluntary manufacturer recall because one lot was found to contain an undeclared anabolic steroid.
- Possible Side-Effects
- Side-effects associated with anabolic steroids include heart attacks, strokes, liver damage, anxiety, irritability, aggression, and depression. Side-effects also include acne, voice deepening and growth of body hair in women, breast growth and shrinking of testicles in men and short stature in children.
For more details on these Foreign Product Alerts, please visit the Health Canada Web site.
These products are not authorized for sale in Canada and have not been found in the Canadian marketplace, but it is possible they may have been brought into the country by travellers or purchased over the Internet.
Canadians who have this product are advised not to use it, and should consult with a health care professional if they have concerns about their health related to the use of this product.
Drugs and natural health products that are authorized for sale in Canada will have either an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), a Natural Product Number (NPN) or a Homeopathic Medicine Number (DIN-HM) on the label. These numbers indicate that the products have been assessed by Health Canada for safety, effectiveness and quality.
Health Canada advises Canadians to contact the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate at 1-800-267-9675 if they find the product listed above in the Canadian marketplace.
For more information about the information contained in this advisory, please contact Health Canada's public inquiries line at (613) 957-2991 or toll-free at 1-866-225-0709.
As of the date of this posting, no adverse reactions suspected to be associated with the use of this product have been reported in Canada.