World No Tobacco Day 2011
Tue, 05/31/2011 - 6:20am
10:00 A.M. - 10:15 A.M.
- Opening Remarks: PAHO Assistant Director, Dr. Socorro Gross-Galiano
10:15 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.
- Presentation : Progress in Implementation of the WHO FCTC in the Region of the Americas. Presenter: PAHO Tobacco Control Regional Advisor, Dr. Adriana Blanco
10:30 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
- Round Table : International Cooperation on Tobacco Control in the Americas.
- Moderator: Rosa Carolina Sandoval, MPA. Tobacco Control Specialist
- Dr. Tim McAfee: Director of the Office on Smoking and Health, CDC. (CDC's efforts in Supporting Tobacco Control in the Americas)
- Dr. Lawrence Deyton: Director of Center for Tobacco Products, FDA. (The New Role of the FDA in Tobacco Control in the U.S.)
- Dr. Cathy Sabiston: General Director, Health Canada (Health Canada's efforts in Supporting Tobacco Control in the Americas)
- His Excellency Carlos Gianelli: Ambassador of the OrientalRepublic of Uruguay (South-South Cooperation for Tobacco Control)
12:00 P.M. - 12:20 P.M.
- World No Tobacco Day Awards 2011
12:20 P.M. - 12:30 P.M.